This is my favorite breakfast recipe! It only takes about 20 minutes of actual work and an hour in the oven! It’s such an easy recipe and doesn’t require any applesauce like most recipes do! All it requires is butter, eggs, sugar, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, orange juice, baking soda, sour cream, and all-purpose flour! It is always a hit when I make this with my family and is sure to be one with yours, the smell of cake wafting through your home will be a hit too! The glaze is completely optional, but adds another yummy layer to the cake! I hope you enjoy it and if you do, leave a comment about how it turned out!!!
Easy delicious spice cake!
1 cup melted butter + 1 Tbsp for greasing
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp orange juice
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup sour cream
2 cups all-purpose flour
- Glaze (Optional)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp softened butter
1 tsp vanilla (or 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp vanilla sugar)
3 to 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a bundt pan
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, and orange juice and stir together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder with the sour cream, then add to egg mixture. Finally, add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased bundt pan and bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until brown and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then flip onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Glaze (Optional)
- While the cake is cooling, mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl. (If the butter is too chunky, you can put it in the microwave for 15 seconds, or until smooth)
- Once the cake is COMPLETELY cool, you can go ahead and drizzle the glaze on, you can do just a little drizzle, or cover the cake, whatever you prefer. I also sprinkled some cinnamon and vanilla on top of the glaze, but that is optional.
- Enjoy! 🙂